Over the last 27 years, we have helped veterans more than 100,000 times. Our motto is to “respectfully serve and honor all veterans”.
We have developed programs that perform our mission to help veterans that include the Direct Aid Program, the Outreach Program, the Heroes’ Closet Program, and the Freedom Food Pantry Program.
The Direct Aid Program provides veterans up to $200 per veteran per year in states that we are registered in. Direct aid needs addressed have included but are not limited to shelter, rent, utilities, food, auto repair, clothing, and relocation.
We work with veterans to help them find employment if they are able, either through outside employers or agencies that we are associated with or through our own Workforce Program which we call our Outreach Program.
We offer free clothing, personal items, and household goods to veterans through our Heroes’ Closet Program. Donations are received, processed, and made available to veterans to browse through at no cost. We’ve dressed veterans for every occasion such as job interviews, exercising, leisure, and even funerals and weddings.
The Freedom Food Pantry Program provides healthy fresh foods and non-perishables all year long to eliminate hunger insecurity for veterans.
Veterans can access our help by phone, fax, walk-ins, email, website and Facebook. We work with like-minded agencies to develop the best solutions for veterans and avoid duplicate services.
We assist WWII veterans and their families with registration for the National WWII Memorial in Washington D.C.
*Some programs not available at all offices.*
In 2020, we experienced upheaval from the Pandemic. Fundraising events cancelled but veterans needed our help more than ever. We streamlined and redesigned our offices and services to reflect the new “normal” with masks, distancing, and extensive cleaning. We strengthened our commitment to our mission to respectfully serve and honor all veterans.
“Heroes don’t wear capes, heroes wear dog tags.”
We are grateful for and humbled by the generous donations of our supporters.
Without you, we could not exist.
Program Results for 2020
- Provided Direct Aid to veterans more than 4,200 times in the regions we serve.
- Outreach Program employed 88 veterans.
- Heroes’ Closet Program provided over 10,000 articles of clothing.
- Freedom Food Pantry Program gave 14,300 lbs. of food to veterans.
- Heroes’ Closet provided hygiene items to hundreds of veterans.
- Published a “Case of the Week” to highlight services.
- Continued to register WWII veterans for the Registry of Remembrances.
- Hosted our 5th Annual Golf Scramble.
- Continued development of Heroes’ Passage – A retreat for veterans.
- Increased our Facebook page to over 65,000 followers.
- Developed monthly digital VetNet Newsletter.
- Survived 2020.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS.
GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY FAMILIES.