This week’s “Case of the Week” comes from our Sarasota, FL office.
We were contacted by a Vietnam-era veteran after he met one of our outreach representatives this past weekend. This Vietnam Veteran was temporarily housed in a VA domiciliary with, subsequently, admitted, serious water contamination problems (toxic mold exposure), generating serious health issues which the VA unfortunately misdiagnosed and wrongly treated. VA will not now admit culpability, but this veteran is, unfortunately, unable to work due to his serious health issues.
Due to this, he fell behind on his electric bill. This veteran felt beset by problems on all sides. Thankfully, we were able to step in and cover his power bill. One less worry so he can concentrate on his health issues and resolution with the VA. We are so pleased that we could help this veteran in need.